The Economic Justice Network (EJN) of FOCCISA is looking for a Finance Manager.
- The successful candidate will be tasked with the following:
- All aspects of bookkeeping including reconciliation, journals, general ledger and trial balance.
- Manage Payroll and Payroll Systems.
- Manage budgets and monthly financials.
- Manage the organizations financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Liaise with Funding Partners with regards to EJN financial reporting.
- Liaise with Auditors and prepare all necessary documents for the Annual Audit.
- Do other tasks as identified by the Economic Justice Network’s Director.
- Closing Date: 31 July 2017
Main Purpose of the JobÂÂ
To manage the Finance Department according to sound financial systems, practices and processes that are compliant with relevant legislation, meet principles of international best practices and that will allow the organisation to achieve its strategic financial objectives.
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Prepare multiple budgets and quarterly variance progress reports for funders
- Follow up on queries related to funding and send acknowledgement letters to funders when funds are received.ÂÂ
- Manage payroll for EJN employees and ensure it is signed off by relevant parties within the organisation in line with policies and procedures and audit requirements.ÂÂ
- Manage employee leave by ensuring leave is captured and records are kept up to date
- Manage Medical aid and Retirement Annuity as prepared by the Finance Officer.
- Maximize the use of PASTEL software to ensure all receipts and payments are captured, budgets and other financial information is captured therein and relevant reports are drawn from the system
- Manage Petty Cash transactions
- Ensure all banking and payments of creditors are managed effectively and executed timeouslyÂÂ
- To ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and correctly.ÂÂ
- To ensure that all taxes and statutory requirements are duly and timeously submitted to SARS including VAT, PAYE & INCOME TAX RETURNS.ÂÂ
- Manage all other SARS related issues.ÂÂ
- Produce monthly financials, budgets, cash flow analysis & management accounts and provide full reporting to management and steering committee timeously.ÂÂ
- Advise management, and assist in optimising and structure organisation’s finances, taxes and make recommendations on how to improve the organisation’s financial performance, and improve overall financial health.ÂÂ
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations as per updates in the Government Gazette and to maintain up-to-date compliance of business practice at all times.ÂÂ
- To keep strict written records of all cash amounts withdrawn and spent on the company Bank Account, including the management of the organisation’s credit card and subsequent analysis and reconciliation thereof.ÂÂ
- To ensure the organisation is prepared for audits and year end or when funders’ assessors visit the organisation. This involves ensuring all payments are reconciled monthly and within the financial year by financial year end.ÂÂ
- Oversee the Audit process and prepare all Schedules and Documents as required by Auditors.
- To ensure all office files (e.g. Funders File, cash book files, HR files etc.) are archived systematically.ÂÂ
- To administer and evaluate the accounting policies of the organisation as per internal and external regulatory requirements.ÂÂ Perform ad hoc task as required by the Executive DirectorÂÂ Stand in for Executive Director when needed.
Skills and Competencies
(The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in primary organisational languageAttention to detail
- Planning and OrganisingResults orientedPresentation skills
- Conflict Managemen
- tInitiating Action (Initiative)ÂÂ
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent numerical skills
- Collaborative Leadership
- Discernment/ Judgement
- Negotiation and Influence
- Team Leadership
Qualification: Tertiary qualification in accounting or a senior bookkeeping diploma (required). Business skills and experience – ideally a relevant tertiary business qualification (advantageous).
Experience: 6 – 10 years (extensive) experience with all Bookkeeping skills and practical application (required).
Prior Knowledge: Knowledge of financial administrative processes (required). Proficient in relevant software packages and applications, including advanced Pastel knowledge (required). Understanding of Tax Laws and experience in Tax and dealing with SARS (required). Knowledge of financial HR processes impacting on balance sheet (e.g. salaries, UIF, PAYE, pension, leave etc.) (required). Knowledge of Church Councils and NGO environments working in the human rights and economic justice space (advantageous). Knowledge of NGO operations (advantageous).